Thursday, July 22, 2010

Just Do It!

"Just Do It!"


Nike made the slogan famous, but they are simply great words to live by. Procrastination breads destructive, incestuous habits - like more procrastination, apathy and ultimately failure. No one plans to fail, they just fail to plan... as some wise person said somewhere along the way. Either way, its all sound wisdom. 


So, today, July 22, 2010, I did it. I finally posted a blog entry. I've let the idea of a blog saute in my brain for over a year now. My DH  has begged me to do it - simply so I have another outlet for my extroverted self. Or, maybe because writing for me is like therapy. Blogging is a heckuvalot cheaper than therapy. So, this is good. Real good.


On my list of things to do this summer, besides potty train my 3 1/2 year old (yes, I know I'm a slacker mom!) is to start writing again. Well, goody for me. I get a gold star - or maybe just the last of the oreos I have hidden from the kids - for being able to check something off my summer goals list..... writing. 


I hope whomever reads this is blessed, on some level, by what I have to write. Even if its just a chuckle, a relatable story, or a "thank god, I'm not her...she's an idiot" moment.... blessings are good.


Sleep tight. Don't let the bed bugs bite.

No comments:

Post a Comment