So, the first 40 days of 2011:
- Applied for my dream job, interviewed for my dream job, was a finalist for my dream job and then did not get my dream job :(
- Firstborn child had her first surgery. She did great. I did ok... almost passed out when I got too close to the "gas" and almost burst into tears from unresolved grief of my last surgery(pregnancy loss).... oh, how smells can trigger memories!
- Day after #1's surgery, #2 child bounces himself right off the couch and breaks his collarbone.
- Stayed calm at estranged-husband's "honoring" me by not accusing me of hurting my child in aforementioned collarbone incident. (What? Who thinks this way?)
- Smiled politely and didn't harm anyone when my estranged husband invited me over to "approve" of his new place.
- Took the "Life is Beautiful" approach in regards to continued habitation and subsequent interactions with estranged-husband and my children.
- Celebrated #2's 4th birthday with my extended family and estranged husband. Listened patiently and didn't pop off at the mouth as he boasted of his new furniture purchases for his new place to my father and brother.... the 2 men who "gave me away" to him on my wedding day! Actually, I am more proud of my dad and brother for not committing a justified felony.
- Screwed up my knee big time pushing my car (with bald tires) out of a snowbank. Why are your tires bald, you ask? Because I have no access to $$$ because my estranged husband closed our joint bank accounts. I have to ask for $$ for groceries and am pretty much S.O.L. on everything else...