Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year 2011!

Well, we all survived the first decade of the 21st century.
Considering the last decade included the Y2K bug, 9/11, the housing meltdown, the double dip recession, Reality T.V., crazy political races, and the proliferation of all things techy into our worlds (cell phones for everyone, internet, smart phones, blogs, etc.) I'd say the fact that we're all still upright and breathing is a good thing. Its been a big decade!

For me, the last decade has been personally intense.
In the last 10 years:
  • I got married
  • moved 5 times
  • became our state's guinea pig case for what would become the mortgage modification nightmare
  • survived the subsequent legal battle and foreclosure of my home
  • had 8 different jobs
  • survived 4 of my husband's layoffs
  • tried my hand at a couple new careers only to fail miserably
  • gained 50 pounds
  • lost 30 pounds
  • gained 30 back
  • lived through 3 miscarriages
  • 2 high risk pregnancies and deliveries to have 2 of the most beautiful children on the planet
  • attended the funeral of a former student and count that as the most painful funeral of my life
  • and I've watched too many others pass away prematurely. 

Needless to say, I don't count the last decade as one of my best. So, I'm taking a fresh new look at the next decade and setting some goals. I turn 40 in 30 days. Here's to hoping the next decade is better than the last! Cheers and Happy New Year!

Goals for 2011:

1. Lose 60 pounds
2. Get a job that will support me and my children and feed my soul.
3. Blog 1x/week
4. Walk a 5K next Fall
5. Cultivate healthy, life affirming relationships
6. Complete the Bible in One Year program
7. Take my children on a memorable vacation
8. Celebrate 40 all year long!
9. Complete Dave Ramsey's baby steps 1 & 2
10. Win the HGTV Dream Home Sweepstakes :)

How about you? What are your goals for 2011?

No comments:

Post a Comment