Thursday, August 5, 2010

Blonde Mom Moment

In the name of frugality, simplicity and a seemingly reasonable activity Liza and Bruce could share in, we decided to make homemade popsicles yesterday!

Oh, they were beautiful! Strawberries, blueberries, a frozen banana and some lemon-lime soda! The color was amazing - a rich berry-deep pink-color - yum!
(Didn't think to take a picture - maybe that's blonde moment #1) 


We popped those babies in the garage freezer to begin the wait. All day long I kept commenting on what a lovely color those popsicles turned out - wondering if I could find paint that color... wondering what piece of furniture I could paint that color!

Good thing I like that color because.....

Those popsicles exploded all over the inside of my freezer!!
(again, in my panicked rush to get it cleaned up, I forgot to take a picture.)

*Note to self: Do not use carbonated beverages to make popsicles.

No comments:

Post a Comment